Why couldn't my meter be read?
Last Updated -
Reasons why the meter could be inaccessible include the following:
- The meter is behind a locked gate
- The meter is in a locked box and the key the meter reader has does not work
- The meter is locked in a garage or within the property
- Extreme weather conditions make the reading impossible
- A dog (or other pet) makes entry into the property dangerous
It is the responsibility of your energy provider to read your meter at least once a year. It is also the responsibility of energy customers to make their meter accessible at the time it is due to be read.
If you upgrade to a Mojo smart meter, it will be read digitally and you’ll never again need to have someone come to your house to take a reading.
Did you find this article helpful?